Monday, August 19, 2013

Run This Town

Running has allowed me to explore some incredible places over the years.  Many of those places come as no surprise, but I am often surprised by some of the things that I discover while running in my own "backyard."  One of the many great things about running is that it slows you down (some of us more than others) enough to be able look around and take in your surroundings while at the same time allowing you to get somewhere.  If you are willing or able to run for a few hours it is amazing what you can see.  I have been running around Houston for over 8 years now and am still discovering new trails and new sights.  One of the benefits of living in a big and dynamic city is that it is constantly changing, so if you think you have seen it all you just need to wait for a few weeks and something will have changed.

All of that is my way of introducing this section of the blog that I am calling "Run This Town."  I will occasionally post some of my favorite sights or routes to run from around the city.  I will try to focus on things you may have run by many times but missed or didn't know about, but will occasionally just post routes that I really enjoy.  So, keep an eye out for posts that are tagged Run This Town and hopefully you will begin to see why I think running in this city is so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment